I keep asking SheWhoMustBeFed where the name for these burgers comes from. The answer seems to involve either She or one of the LoinFruits exclaiming “Wow! They’re nice burgers.” upon first tasting them. Personally, I keep thinking that “WOW” must surely be some clever acronym.
Here are some suggestions from the long list of possibilities:
- World Of Warcraft
- Women Of Wrestling
- War Of the Worlds
- Women On Wheels
- Wendy O Williams
- Whip ’em Out Wednesdays
However you slice that (potential) acronym these are indeed a tasty burger that hangs together really well (courtesy of the oats and the linseed) that also have a really great ‘mouth feel’ due to the inclusion of all the seeds and the veggies.
Wow, what do I put in them?
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup linseeds
- 3/4 cup oats (or replace with gluten free flour)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 1/4 cups of butter beans, mashed
- 2 TBSP Tamari
- 1/2 TSP ground pepper
- 1 TBSP finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Wow, those all sound good! What do I do with them?
- Process the nuts, seeds and oats in a Bamix or similar until grainy but not powdery
- Thoroughly mix everything in a large bowl
- Form into patties (this recipe should make about 12 patties)
- Fry or bake
- Exclaim “Wow! They’re nice burgers.” upon first tasting them
As with all burger mixes, these will hold together even better if made ahead of time and refrigerated for a few hours (cover container).