Makes one batch of pastry suitable for a family sized pie or quiche.
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 cup (4 tabs) olive oil
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 cup (8 tabs) iced water. Use an ice cube to cool if needed.
- Mix all ingredients together and knead lightly.
- Depending on the temperature and humidity, you may have to add a smidgen more water or flour to get the desired consistency, which should be not sticky but also not too firm. NB: ensure you add a Metric smidgen
- Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill for 30 minutes or more.
- In the summer time the pastry can lose it’s chill very quickly so if making small pastries, take small amounts out of the fridge at a time to stop it from getting too sticky.