SheWhoMustBeFed requires this recipe to be recorded in its exactness. The Larger Loinfruit was served these this past Thursday and remarked that “They aren’t as good as pizza but they’re very nice”. Well…what isn’t as good as Pizza when you’re a Loinfruit? Or indeed cold pizza when you’re hung over?
Being as damn near perfection as a dish can be (when not being a pizza) this recipe must be cloned forevermore in The Veghead kitchen…or at least until one day when it is served and declared “Unfit for dinner, and oh by the way Mum I never liked that dish anyway”.
- 1 thin slice of red onion – finely chopped
- 1 very small clove o garlic – finely chopped
- 1 cm (or so) thick slice of a Jack Hawkins (or similar) tomato – chopped
- pinch of mixed italian herbs
- pinch of finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of cooked haricot beans
- a few Spanish style olives (brine preserved not oil preserved) – sliced
- saute the onion, garlic and pepper in a little olive oil
- add tomato, the herbs, and a little water
- saute until tomatoes begin to break down
- add haricot beans
- continue over a low heat for a few more minutes
- (off the heat) stir through the olives and serve immediately
If it wasn’t already obvious; that only makes enough for one small serve – about as much as you might serve on one slice of toast.