SheWhoMustBeFed fffzzzzzz’d up the pressure cooker today, so it was the VegHead’s duty to follow up with some hommous. Unfortunately, SheWhoMustBefed was doing three batches of beans; adzuki, chickpea and butter beans. The adzuki beans got done first, leaving The VegHead with an hour before having anything to do as the chickpeas weren’t ready.
How to pass the time?
Decided to lightly saute the garlic and cumin for the hommous.
Then had time to think and so decide to use half and half chickpeas and broad beans.
Fortunately by then the chick peas were ready!
What went in…
- half a cup of cooked chick peas
- half a cup of blanched broad beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- olive oil
- french walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- very lightly saute the garlic and cumin in a little olive oil
- blend / bamix everything together