What do you get when you blend a blob of homemade cashew cheese, about a nob of black garlic cloves, black tahini, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper?
A spreadable, moreish thingy that looks like meconium but tastes seriously yummy.
- a large round of homemade cashew cheese
- a tub of aged, black garlic
- half a dozen (pitted) olives
- about half a cup of black tahini
- a drizzle of olive oil
- about half a teaspoon of ground pepper
- about half a teaspoon of salt
Keep blending until thoroughly mixed to an even colour. Scrape down the sides of the blender bowl half way through to ensure that all the cheesy bits are mixed in.
Serve as a thick dip (with stout crackers) or spread on crackers.
NOTE: To make cashew cheese follow this recipe, substituting your nuts as appropriate.