This was made as a companion to Fragrant Moroccan Vegetables, for The Bandit and Octavia’s Daughter. The two tagines nestled together snugly in the oven while the loinfruits made occasionally disturbing thumps in the lounge room.
What you would need:
- 3 cups of cooked haricot beans
- 1 cup of passata
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ras el hanout
- 1/2 teaspoon of Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 cup of boiled water
- Olive oil
For the doing:
- Pre-dissolve the miso paste in the boiled water
- Give everything else a good mix before slopping it stylishly into the tagine
- Add more water if necessary
And bake in a stinking hot oven for 45 minutes or so. As always, this will cook in that time if the tagine and the oven are preheated while you’re preparing everything.