You see what I’ve done there don’t you? “Funghi”….”fun guy”…oh the wit. When you’ve stopped guffawing just pick yourself up off the floor and hold together your split seams.
This pasta dish uses the Balsamic Butter Bean Salad and tosses it over some pesto tagliatelle pasta. Simple…hearty…colourful…what more could you want?
You will need:
- A batch of pesto
- A batch of Balsamic Butter Bean Salad
- 1/2 glass of white wine (I’ll leave it to you to figure out what to do with the other half a glass)
- Spelt tagliatelle pasta (or penne, or whatever)
Now ze doing:
- Cook the pasta as per instructions on packet
- Meanwhile; dump about 3/4 cup of the pesto into a small saucepan, together with the wine. Simmer (covered) over a low heat until the wine is reduced, stirring regularly to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- Stir the pesto/wine sauce through the cooked pasta, together with an additional teaspoon of fresh pesto (the pesto has raw garlic in it – so you’re cooking most of it and then just adding a little “raw” pesto in to sharpen up the taste a little)
- Serve the pasta, then top with the (warm) bean salad