The cumin/pepper/ginger sauce used in this is originally from a “Marinated tofu” recipe from some or another commercial cookbook that populates our shelves. It has become a widely used marinade for beans, broad beans, tofu, cauliflower and lots more. Its just one of those sauces that “works”.
You will need:
- 1 cup of cooked butter beans
- half a celeriac, peeled and cubed to approximately 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper (this will make it fairly spicy)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cm of ginger root, grated
- a generous splash each of tamari, olive oil, mirin, and toasted sesame oil
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Pour mixture into a lidded baking dish (take the lid off before pouring)
- Just cover with water
- Bake at inferno for 45 minutes
Served with a large bag of baby spinach leaves, lightly stir fried with chopped mushrooms, and a light sprinkly of (vegan) Worcestershire sauce.