There was left over pumpkin in the fridge – maybe about a cup of it mashed up. Ten minutes later it was soup for SheWhoMustBeFed. The VegHead had a salad roll instead.
Needing and doing:
- about one cup of left over roast pumpkin (any skin peeled off)
- saute a few slices of onion with olive oil and a dash of tamari
- add 3/4 cup or so of cooked haricot beans to the onion and mix through over a low heat
- separately bamix the pumpkin, together with about the same amount of water, half a teaspoon of miso paste, and a teaspoon of tomato paste. Add more or less water to achieve the desired consistency
- add the pumpkin to the pot and bring to a low simmer
- garnish the soup with a few slices of avocado, and serve with a crusty roll