Travelling to Cannes last week on the train, The VegHead knew that the rail buffet sarnies would be as edible as a monkey’s earlobe. The day before travelllng, this soup was made, then warmed up again just before leaving and poured into a thermos.
Paris never seemed as welcoming…
- 1/2 cup of chopped pumpkin – boiled til soft
- 1/2 cup of cooked chick peas
- 1 teaspoon of Berbere paste
- olive oil
- lightly saute the chick peas with the paste
- mash the chick peas with a fork
- blend the cooked pumpkin with some water, to your desired soupy consistency
- mix through the mashed chickpeas
- take the train to Cannes. Take some pita bread with you. Go to the buffet car when you’re hungry and ask for a large waxed paper cup to pour the hot soup into. Watch the fellow passengers eating vending machine sandwiches and feel superior.