A blogger’s tasks are never done. Having spent a morning catching up on posts the laptop had been put down to suckle on the electricity and lunchtime had arrived. SheWhoMustBeFed has gone to pick up the Larger Loinfruit from her morning of Being Improved in a Dance and Drama Way.
Cold out….so I made this soup ready for SheWhoMustBeFed’s return and then woke up the laptop to quickly write it up before they arrived.
- 1 thin slice of onion, finely chopped
- half of a large Jack Hawkin’s style tomato. Chopped.
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- pinch of black pepper
- splash of tamari
- desertspoon of pesto (oh…how handy I happen to have a jar in the fridge)
- a teaspoon of tomato paste
- olive oil
- lightly saute the onion and pepper
- add the tomatoes and chickpeas and simmer covered
- once the tomatoes have softened, lightly mash everything
- add all remaining ingredients, along with some water
- simmer for a few minutes
- serve with a slice of toast
Oh…look….here they are arriving home now.