I just don’t get why anyone would want to eat canned tomato soup. This takes 15 minutes at the most, which I reckon must be only a little longer than it would take to open a can and heat it.
SheWhoMustBeFed often tries to avoid too much wheat and this filling lunch can be eaten with or without bread. This recipe feeds one; or two if accompanied by toast/fresh bread.
Ingredients & Preparation
- 3 thin slices of onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon each chopped fresh rosemary, thyme
- 3 medium/small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbspn miso
- 1 Tbspn tomato paste
- Tspn ground pepper
- ½ cup of water or light stock
- Olive oil
- When serving: (thick) balsamic vinegar
- Lightly sauté onions, garlic and pepper.
- Meanwhile lightly blend rest of ingredients
- Add to pot, stir thoroughly and simmer on low for 10 minutes
- Serve in wide, shallow bowl.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar in a thin spiral swirl from the centre to the outside
- Serve with hot crusty fresh bread.