The VegHead reckons that scrambled tofu with fresh turmeric roots is about as close you can to breakfast perfection this side of another hour in bed with SheWhoMustBeFed. This quiche is a slight variation on the same theme (scrambled tofu that is).
- Make a pie dough and line a quiche dish with it (preferably a two piece dish with separate sides and base).
- One packet of silken tofu
- One packet of medium firm tofu – mashed
- Cornflour or egg replacer
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of roughly grated courgette
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- few slices of onion
- 4cm of a finger thick fresh turmeric root, grated using a ginger grater
- fresh italian herbs to taste
- pepper to taste
- oats (to sprinkle on top)
- olive oil
- Lightly saute the onions, garlic, firm tofu and mushrooms in the oil and tamari
- Add the herbs and grated fresh turmeric
- Meanwhile, thoroughly mix the flour into the silken tofu using a fork
- Add to pot and mix thoroughly
- Mix in anything else left
- Spoon into the pie dish and sprinkle generously with oats
- Bake on high for 40 minutes or longer if need be.